The team of volunteers who make up the Governing Body of Huby School work hard to ensure that the best possible education is provided for every child who attends Huby School, as well as taking on the legal responsibilities involved. Each governor takes responsibility for a curriculum area and is also part of various committees which ensure smooth running of all areas of school. Please take a look at the most recent copy of the Annual Report to Parents. Please take a look at our most recent record of Governor attendance at governor meetings.
At Huby School we are constantly looking at ways to further improve our school and the outcomes for our children. To this end, all staff and the Governing Body have evaluated progress and achievements during the past year and identified key areas for development for the coming year. Progress towards these priorities will be reviewed, monitored and evaluated every term and adaptations will be made as necessary. Please take a look at the Governor Priorities for this year.
At Huby School, we think it is important for the children to know and be happy to discuss issues with the governors. Each class has its own governor who sometimes joins in with lessons, activities or school trips, which enables this to happen.
Together, the governors are responsible for:
- Taking account of the performance of the school and the Governing Body.
- Working with the headteacher to ensure that teaching at school is of a high quality which allows for the children to make the best possible progress they can, whilst thriving in a safe, happy and secure environment.
- Setting ambitious aims and targets for the schools and checking the school’s progress towards attaining these.
- Taking general responsible for the schools budget and premises.
- Developing and monitoring how well all school policies are development plans and working to ensure a flourishing learning community.