School Improvement Priorities
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management
- To further extend leadership capacity in the schools and wider area by working in partnership with other schools, both within the Easingwold cluster and also North Star Teaching Alliance.
- Ensure all new governors are given appropriate training and support to facilitate their role
- To secure the best possible future for the school
- Induction of new teacher
- Induction of new support staff, both in the classroom and administration
Quality of teaching
- Ensure that teaching over time in all year groups is consistently outstanding ,
- Ensure the curriculum is enriched through educational visits and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- To ensure all subjects are given the same ‘weight’ as English and Maths
- To successfully achieve the Primary Science Quality Mark.
- Ensure that the most able pupils are suitable challenged and their learning is moved on quickly.
- Further embed the schools approach to maths reasoning and monitor the impact of all maths initiatives throughout school.
- Ensure the curriculum gives the opportunity to extend learning of the most able.
- To ensure that writing continues to be of high quality across all subjects and genres with writing at length a high priority.
- Continue to further develop and embed a Growth Mindset in schools, to build up pupil’s resilience.
- Ensure attainment and progress gap between pupils joining the school is narrowed.
- Introduction of PITA assessments
Early Years Provision
- To further develop a pupil-focussed curriculum
Personal Development Behaviour and Welfare
- To ensure support for all pupils, in order that all learning behaviours are outstanding.
- To widen children’s understanding and knowledge of different cultures, sexuality and gender.